You don't need experience of working with refugees. We will provide training, support, prayer and a community of partners who will share their experiences with you and encourage you. We will be with you every step of the way!
Adopting a refugee family
- Once Gateway of Grace receives a family, a church volunteer team works to provide some or all of the following:
- Furnish an apartment for a refugee family
- Provide food for its pantry and refrigerator
- Greet arriving family at the airport and/or apartment
- Follow up/needs assessment
- Cultivate friendships with the refugee family
Teaching opportunities at Gateway Educational Ministries
- Teaching English as Second Language
- Teaching Cultural Literacy Class, helping refugees learn basic American culture, basic legal issues, and common social standards.
- Teach computer literacy
Join Gateway Events for Refugees
- Thanksgiving Day Dinner
- Christmas Party
- Easter Egg Hunt and Family Day
- Baby Showers
- Field Trips
Join Gateway Resource Center
- Help with furniture pickup and delivery
- Help with distribution of household supplies
- Help with classroom maintenance at Gateway Educational Ministries
Join Gateway Relational Ministries
- If you have the gift of connecting with people, encouraging them, praying with them and sharing the love of Christ with them, this is for YOU! You can demonstrate the love of God to a refugee family by simply befriending them and praying for them.
- Sponsor a dinner for Grace Community
If you are interested in volunteering with Gateway of Grace, please fill out our online Volunteer Application.
Join Gateway of Grace financial support team
You can participate in the God's mission work to refugees through Gateway of Grace by supporting GOG financially.